NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!!!
Today’s Reading: Matthew 3-4
Click scripture link to read online or HERE to listen online (then click the symbol of the audio speaker above the scripture portion).
Key Verses: Matthew 3:14 & 4:19
“I have need to be baptised by You and are You coming to me?”… “Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men.”
Later in Matthew 11:2-15 Jesus says, “There has not been one greater than John the Baptist.” Such a great man needed Jesus!
What was the evidence of John’s greatness?
(1) A great message! “Repent!” Turn from your own way and go God’s way (Matthew 3:2).
(2) Humility! He did not consider himself a great personality, just a “VOICE!” (Matthew 3:3).
(3) John recognized his own need. “I have need to be baptised by You” (Matthew 3:14).
John the Baptist, according to Luke’s Gospel, was named by an angel. His birth was prophesied in advance, and he was eventually beheaded because of his stand for Truth. What a great man! Yet he confessed to Jesus, “I need you.” THIS IS GREATNESS!!!!!
PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Jesus, John needed You, and I need You desperately! I’m confident that, as the Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 4:19, “God shall supply all your need, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” I pray for the grace of Your daily supply!!! Amen!!!
100 PERSONAL WORDS:
Watching TV or reading newspapers, I have often shouted at the screen toward the person whose troubles have just been exposed, “YOU NEED JESUS!” Two years ago now, when I first started this blog, I urged people to order from Crossroads the book that Crossroads published called, It’s All About Jesus. This is a book of true stories of Jesus meeting human need in the present. Please go here and order this book of proofs that Jesus is alive on earth today, and in His Name God answers prayer.
His timing may not be to our liking. I remember the singer Jimmy McDonald saying on the 100 Huntley Street TV show, that there are four ways God answers prayer:
- NO (It’s not the best for you at least at the present time).
- GROW (We must change first in order to handle wisely the answer to our prayers).
- SLOW (Circumstances must change first. God is committed to working within the free will of others).
- GO (This is God’s “YES!” and we can expect results soon).
Listen very carefully and you will hear God’s answer.
Yours with much love,
P.S. Please send me a comment letting me know you’re starting with me for the next 730 days, providing God gives the graces of continuity, consistency, and what I like to call, plain old sanctified stubbornness…the determination to “never, never, never give up!” Those five words made up the entire content of a school graduation speech made by the “Man of the Century” (20th), Winston Churchill!!!